Sales and Account Management Effectiveness in a Noisy Business World – 7 Survival Tips
WOW, has the world of communications and information changed! How about this list…
- Text messages
- CRM systems
- Traditional face-to-face meetings
- Conference calls
- Instant messaging
- RSS Feeds
- Phone calls
- Voice Mail
Just to name a few of the possible information interactions every business professional has every day – it really is a noisy world! How can we possibly find time to engage customers and prospects and still remain effective in this age of endless communications?
7 Survival Tips for Sales and Account Managers:
- Organize your world – proactively address / refrain from reacting; segment non-golden selling customer servicing time for addressing important and appropriate communications – obviously address urgent when urgent
- Educate others and listen to others on preferred methods for communications; everyone does not use or appreciate texting as an example
- Eliminate noise; delete personal and unnecessary business communications that do not enable you to be more successful from your life
- Brevity and precision; communicate what is requested – the world of electronic communications was never meant to be a replacement for sound personal communications
- Request to be eliminated from everyone’s cc list; there are just some communications that you do not need to have
- Focus on your strengths; use the communication media that best serves your skills and behavior – a timely and comprehensive phone call can sometimes eliminate 20 email swaps
- Make eliminating non-essential communications a priority; establish a plan – then work your plan
Sometimes this is easier said than done and we all have to start somewhere!
All of us have a per hour intrinsic monetary value – remember this as you deal with all of the noise in your business life and remember customer / prospect time – it pays the bills!