SAMA Annual Conference 2011; A Time to Think, Strategize and Assess SAM Account Relationships
We are all involved in a very hectic and competitive business world and time; little time to plan much less execute (both in our business and personal lives). As I ready myself and my team for the annual SAMA (Strategic Account Management Association) Conference (www.strategicaccounts.org) I look forward to:
- Collaborating with my own team (often after a day of learning)
- Knowledge sharing with other industry experts (SMEs)
- Participating on the SAMA Board of Directors – SAMA planning time!
- Meeting with many of our attending Clients (validating our relationships and their vision for the future – feedback)
- Networking at conference events
- Presenting leading solutions to attendees for measuring customer experiences
- Leading a panel on utilizing Executive Sponsors on a SAM Team / Account
- Quiet time (when able) to re-think our account management and business strategy
As I think through my busy schedule and all of these activities the two most significant and important SAMA conference activities may be first my time to just sit, think and strategize after all of the other activities are completed each day; and secondly (not in importance) collaborating with my attending team members and customers.
I often hear from business leaders that “they are too busy to do all the right things”! (my interpretation of what they are really saying) My SAMA Conference goals are then to:
- Collaborate (with Team and Customers)
- Strategize (assess and plan)
- Leave with improvements to our account management and business plans
I heard from a wise friend and an outstanding coach many years ago that an “hour of planning with knowledge at hand may create years of success” – I am going to take his advise!