Survival Tip; Keep and Grow “Top-Tier” Accounts
It should be of no secret to anyone that the “New Economy” (I prefer this term) is something few if any of us have ever previously experienced. so what the heck do we do – should we do?
- Keep and grow your “Top Tier” accounts; those accounts who know you, have purchased from you in the past 24 months and that afford you the best probability of current profitable revenue.
- Re-engage with these accounts; go there and meet with their senior leaders – now is the time for all to work together and understand what concerns buyers as well as suppliers have. Keeping expenses in mind – web meetings are great tools!
- Get your senior leaders into the field to meet these important accounts! On the phone is even a great action step!
- Become more flexible than ever; pricing, payment terms, delivery processes and contractual terms.
- Measure the “Voice of Your Accounts“; embed tools and process to reach out and listen to all of your accounts, not once a year, every quarter – use this informatiojn in your senior leadership teams!
- Become more authentic than ever! This is about all us making a sincere and real effort to work as one through this economic situation – we all need help and friends!
- Significantly increase your touch campaigns; more than ever increase the frequency that you are in touch with your accounts.
- Stay focused on the accounts that make a difference; it is easy to become distracted with new ideas and new opportunities – pursue but stay focused on the known!
- Think “Economic Value Proposition“; how you as a supplier offer an ROI on your account’s investment with you?
- Remain positive; too many negative waves – “We choose not to participate in the recession” – post this slogan in your office, NOW!
There is no magic potion; work harder and smarter than ever!