11 Keys to Optimizing 2009 Revenue – 2009 is here; Are you ready to “Make Your Number”?
Happy New Year!
Here we go – “Make Your 2009 Number”!
- Review and determine your “top-tier” accounts; assign an owner and detail all revenue possibilities in these accounts – these are priority revenue targets
- Connect with every “top-tier” account before the end of January (phone, personal visit or webinar – just make sure it is more than just an email exchange
- Conduct a sales team opportunity brain storm and list every possible sales opportunity; capture in sales piepline system – quantify/qualify
- Revisit your successful selling and account management process model; detail critical “hi-value activities” and set standards (activity targets) around these activities – add to accountabilities/repsonsibilities of sales organization
- Assess your existing sales team for skills, competencies and willingness; make sure you have the right team
- Determine top sales coaching skill and process need; then design and develop training
- Have every sales coach conduct a “compensation planning” meeting with their sales team and determine what each person needs to execute to ensure that they overachieve their desired compensation targets
- Determine top sales / account manager skill need and immediately design and execute development program
- Conduct a survey with all clients to determine any possible revenue that is at risk in 2009
- Make sure your sales and account management team members have the tools they need to overachieve in their roles
- Establish the key performance metrics that will be used to “predict” 2009 revenue success; launch a public team dashboard to provide “now performance” views
Many more ideas to come – if you have any, please contribute so we all succeed!
2009 is a year for those who want to be successful and will be if they work smart, hard and with passion!