President & CEO
Dennis J. Chapman Sr. is founder, CEO and President of The Chapman Group. The Chapman Group, established in 1988, is a sales effectiveness consulting firm that specializes in optimizing sales performance. Dennis brings over 30+ years of executive experience in sales, marketing and business management to his clients in helping them overachieve their goals.
Clients of The Chapman Group include many global Fortune 500 companies as well as a diverse portfolio of mid-tier accounts.
Dennis has developed sales, sales coaching, customer loyalty and strategic account management methodologies, processes and metric-based performance management tools that have produced significant and sustainable revenue results for his clients. Clients have included Baxter Laboratories, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, Allstate, Dell Computer, Bank of NY, General Services Administration, Express Scripts, Hercules Chemical, Ashland Chemical, GE Healthcare, Abbott Laboratories and GE Water Treatments and many others.
Before establishing The Chapman Group in 1988, Dennis’ career included:
- Sales and management positions with Xerox, ROLM/IBM and as Vice President of Sales and Marketing in the high-tech reseller industry.
- Dennis is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts School Of Business, and has served as a panelist in the Johns Hopkins MBA – Capstone program.
- Dennis speaks globally on sales, sales management effectiveness and customer engagement / measurement processes. Dennis also speaks to more than 50 sales teams in major corporations nationally and internationally., as well as to MBA candidates at Loyola College in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Dennis has been published on the topics of sales, sales leadership, customer experience management, strategic account management and sales performance metrics in many national publications such as CRM Magazine, Velocity Magazine, Selling Power and specific client internal / external newsletter publications.
- Dennis is a member of the Board of Directors of SAMA (Strategic Account Management Association – global association).